by : Celebs101 Staff on 1-Oct-2009
Hollywood star John Travolta
testified in a Bahamas court that he was the victim of an alleged 25 million dollar extortion scheme concerning the death of his son, local media reported.
The two-time Oscar-nominee, who starred in the hit films "Saturday Night Fever" and "Pulp Fiction," arrived in Nas
sau under tight security last week for the trial of ex-senator Pleasant Bridgewater and ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne.
The defendants allegedly threatened to make public details about the death of Jett Travolta, 16, if the money they demanded was not paid.
Travolta testified that the paramedic, who attended son Jett, told him he would implicate Travolta in the boy's death if the actor did not pay up.
The scheme intended to "make me culpable in some way" Travolta told the court.
Jett Travolta died in January after suffering a seizure during a family vacation in the residence that the actor has at Old Bahama Bay on Grand Bahama Island.
He was the only son of the 54-year-old Hollywood star.
Booking this Story below..